We went to Mt. Rushmore for the fireworks show. Even though we left the hotel early, we hit stop and go traffic 2 miles outside the park entrance and it took us 3 hours to get to a parking spot which was 2 miles past the entrance. The rain came down hard, but I had a cover on my stroller, so I stayed dry and warm. We went straight to the cafe to have lunch and then to the gift shop. The rain let up a little bit later and we had a somewhat decent afternoon weather-wise. We spent the afternoon in the museum staying warm and I got to roll around, play and then take a nice nap in Daddy's arms. But then it clouded back up for the fireworks show. Daddy summed it up "It was the coolest most miserable experience."

Daddy and I driving the truck.


Mommy and I at the Avenue of the Flags.

Staying dry in the museum.

Rolling around on the museum floor.

I finally got to get out of my stroller and play a bit.

The view from the museum once the sky had cleared.

Daddy and I waiting for the show to start. We had great seats in the grass but...

then the clouds rolled in.

Mommy and I enjoying the show. The first boom startled me but once I saw the lights, it was fun (until I fell asleep).
No comments:
Post a Comment